
A new blog! One of 150,000 that may be added today, if you don’t count Twitter. How shall this blog stand out from the 250 million already out there? It needs a name, a perfect name.
The perfect name is a combination of wit and mystery—maybe some double entendre—so when you figure it out you say, "a ha." It’s a tough assignment.
There are two naming problems: the plethora of options and the probability that the name you want has been taken. Rock bands have the same problem.
It might be good if the title was an illustration of something I have learned in life, or my philosophy of work: how about Impending Doom? Nope, taken (blog AND rock band). Galley Slave? Nope, taken. How about Standing on the Greased Bowling Ball? The name is available, but I’m not really that balanced.
I could pick a name that would appeal to my demographic. Except my demographic doesn't read blogs.
How about a concatenation of random words? That works for rock bands, I guess, but it is not satisfying: Toad the Wet Sprocket?
In the end, if I name it to reflect something about me—this is a personal blog, after all—I don’t have much to go on. My life has been so normal that I’m abnormal. I’m just uncommonly common.
A ha.
No comments:
Post a Comment